Wednesday 26 May 2010

Los Jaivas

Los Jaivas

They are a Chilean group formed in 1963 in Viña del Mar they has a path of more than 40 years and they are consider one of the most important groups in the country an a reference of Latin-American music.
I like this Group since I was a kid, I remember that in my house were always a drawer full of tapes next to the sound system and I always take the los jaivas tape and play this until I get bored, obviously I never knew the name of the group I just listen and daces its music, there was a moment in which I stopped to listen to los jaivas and then I return to this it was like a new discovering to me and I realize that it was the same group that I listen when I was a kid.
The kind of music that los jaivas play is a mix between folk and rock music for saying this in some way, they have every kind of songs like romantic or political ones, they have a wonderful work about the Pablo Neruda’s poetry, they became into music the book Alturas de machupicchu and also make an adaptation of several songs of Violeta Parra , one thing that I admire of then is their capability of been always creating something new and its never disappointing.
I don’t know very well why do I like this group, but when I listen to them it’s a feeling so hard to explain, maybe is for my childhood or because the mix of music, like the sounds of the trutucas whit a electric guitar and the power of the letters of the songs.
I saw then a few time a go in the “estacion mapocho” they made a concert for help the people who has damaged in the earthquake whit a campaign for collecting books.
I don’t have a favorite song of them because there are all so different that it’s hard to compare because the enormous variety of songs that they have.

2 comments:

  1. what a great band! ; i saw them a few weeks ago, as a first time. Really great.
    See you

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh! This band is very special for me... memories of my childhood...

    greetings!

    ReplyDelete